CRICOS Course Code: 098615C | SYDNEY CAMPUS
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
Skills you will be developing:
- Communicating concepts and solutions for complex issues to colleagues and clients
- Transferring and applying theoretical concepts and technical or creative skills to a range of situations information from a variety of sources
- Using project planning skills in relation to project scope, time, cost, quality, communications and risk management
- Analysing requirements and devising solutions to technical problems or management issues
- Verify business requirements against safety BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace ICTICT515 Verify client business requirements
- Software Testing ICTPRG529 Apply testing techniques for software development
- Evaluate and communicate business requirements ICTSAS502 Establish and maintain client user liaison ICTICT509 Gather data to identify business requirements
- Develop and deploy object oriented applications ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills ICTPRG520 Validate an application design against specifications ICTPRG504 Deploy an application to a production environment
- Build dynamic websites ICTWEB516 Research and apply emerging web technology trends ICTWEB501 Build a dynamic website ICTDBS504 Integrate database with a website ICTWEB502 Create dynamic web pages ICTWEB505 Develop complex webpage layouts
- Advanced programming ICTPRG502 Manage a project using software management tools ICTPRG501 Apply advanced object-oriented language skills ICTPRG523 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- Sustainability BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Database Design ICTDBS502 Design a database
- Project Management ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation ICTPMG501 Manage ICT projects
18 years or older and completed Year 12 or equivalent; or a Certificate IV qualification
International Students :
Year 12 completion or equivalent or able to declare language literacy and numeracy competency (candidates should be able to read and write English to approximately year 12 level or equivalent).
International Students :
IELTS 5.5 with no individual band below 5.0 (or the equivalent recognised English test).
- Application Support Officer
- ICT Office Manager
- Analyst Programmer