About this scholarship
The IIBT Financial Support Scholarship is available to assist prospective and current students experiencing financial hardship. The grant is available to all prospective and current domestic students and current international students who can demonstrate why support through this one off grant is required.
The IIBT Financial Support Scholarship provides either a 25% contribution towards total course fees for students studying the Diploma of Business Administration at IIBT’s Perth Campus. The scholarship is open to all individuals living in Western Australia, including current International students.
There is one 25% scholarships available per intake. The Scholarship Selection Committee determines each intake the total number of scholarships that will be awarded and who the scholarship winners will be. Their decision is final.
The Diploma of Business Administration is a Higher Education qualification equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Business Degree. Graduates receive a qualification at the end of their study and guaranteed direct entry into second year at one of IIBTs Partner Universities.
Student type: Domestic future and current students.Current international students.
Course: Diploma of Business Administration
Course type: Full time
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Currently enrolled International students
Scholarship base: Need Based.
Value: This scholarship provides a one-off contribution of 25% towards course fees, inclusive of enrolment fees but not including other costs such as text books. Final value and recipients are determined by the Scholarships Office and their decision is final.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for an IIBT Financial Support Scholarship:
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship. There are specific questions that must be answered in the application form and documentation that must be provided.
- Be an Australian citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident and have met the entry requirements for and are enrolled or enrolling into the Diploma of Business Administration, or
- Be a currently enrolled international student studying the Diploma of Business Administration
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study
- Remain enrolled in a full or part time study load at IIBT
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office for approval BEFORE the change.
Change of course: this scholarship is only applicable for the Diploma of Business Administration and can-not be transferred to other courses.
Leave of absence: Leave of absence is not permitted.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A student who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to IIBT the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for the IIBT Financial Support Scholarship:
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship. Evidence is required. See application form.
- Be an Australian citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident or a currently enrolled international student.
- Apply for enrolment in the IIBT Diploma of Business Administration.
Scholarships will be awarded by the IIBT Academic Board to one applicant per WA high school and up to two work-based / VET applicants per intake period. To be eligible applicants must complete the application form and submit it, along with any required documentation prior to the close date.
An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Vic Park campus. Please contact the school to find out the closing date for the next academic year.
Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application
The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
- Year 12 students must be nominated by their high school principal and mature age students must be nominated by a professional who is familiar with their academic potential.
- The high school principle, or a professional educator if the nominee is a mature age student, must submit a completed nomination form and all supporting documents by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Victoria Park Campus
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via an official letter sent to their home address within 2-4 weeks of the closing date.
In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
Deferral of this scholarship is NOT permitted.
Once the scholarship has been accepted, the scholarship will commence from the semester of award. This scholarship is not transferable to another course, campus or university.
Applications should be sent to:
IIBT Scholarships Office
PO Box 819
Perth WA 6979
Need more information?
- Enquiries: Scholarships Office
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (08) 6180 2188
- Fax: (08) 9355 5781