CRICOS Course Code: 103300J (Superseded qualification. Currently not enrolling) | SYDNEY CAMPUS
The IIBT Certificate IV in Information Technology develops the fundamental skills required for entry to the IT industry or progressing into a university degree in IT/Computing area. Students will learn and apply a wide range of knowledge and skills in basic networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development support.
Skills you will be developing:
- Troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests
- Providing solutions to hardware or software faults
- Selecting, installing and using computer software
- Hardware products based on analysis of technical needs Producing documents
- Liaising with clients
- Consulting with end users to determine requirement sign-off
- 7 Core Units BSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes BSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management ICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices ICTICT443 Work collaboratively in the ICT industry ICTICT451 Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques ICTSAS432 Identify and resolve client ICT problems
- 13 Elective Units ICTWEB432 Design website layouts ICTWEB433 Confirm accessibility of websites ICTWEB450 Evaluate and select a web hosting service ICTWEB452 Create a markup language document ICTWEB449 Confirm website access and use ability ICTSAS428 Hand over ICT system components to clients ICTSAS436 Evaluate ICT system status ICTSAS438 Implement maintenance procedures ICTSAS443 Support operating system users and troubleshoot applications ICTICT441 Provide one-to-one instruction ICTICT448 Prepare electronic portfolios of work ICTPRG442 Apply mathematical techniques for software development ICTICT430 Apply software development methodologies
Term 1 and Term 3. Minimum number of 15 students required to run the program.Mode of Delivery Face to face Duration Full time – 9 months Contact Hours Full time - 20 hours/ week Part time available (Australian students only)
- Be 18 years or older; and
- Have completed Australian Year 10 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
- International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Guaranteed direct entry into IIBT Diploma course(s)
- Guaranteed entry into 1st year of under-graduate course in IIBT Partner Universities (direct entry pathway option: Certificate IV in IT+ Academic English IV)*
- Computer technician
- IT customer support
- PC support
- systems administrator
- technical support
- network operations technician