Want to have an easy transition into Perth so you can concentrate on your studies? Moving to a new country and leaving your family, friends and lifestyle can take some adjusting but preparing yourself can make the transition a lot easier. The following checklist will help this adjustment:
- Organise your arrival to Perth before your orientation date.
- Have applied for your student visa before arriving to Australia.
- Confirm your accommodation and airport reception.
- Have your health insurance prepared before arriving to Australia (this is compulsory)
- Have a prior medical and dental check-up before arriving to Australia.
- Ensure you have all your medical and optical prescriptions before arriving to Australia.
If at any time you feel that you are struggling with the transition into the Australian culture, any member of staff will be available to assist you. IIBT also offers counselling sessions to help rule out any unnecessary stress. Plus refer to our Pre-Departure Guide and Welcome to Perth Guide for more information.