CRICOS Course Code: 097498M
Graduates of this Diploma of Information Technology have two main opportunities; to work in the IT industry or enrol at Second Year level into a university degree. Both alternatives provide excellent career opportunities in the exciting and expanding global IT industry.
Graduates of this Diploma of IT may typically work as IT analysts, support technicians, administrators, programmers and managers. Graduates of University Degrees in this area typically pursue careers in software engineering, cybersecurity and information technology.
This course provides opportunities for students to appreciate the latest trends in Information Technology and to develop as lifelong learners who continue to update their knowledge and skills alongside their chosen career path.
The best part is that entrance into the Diploma of Information Technology requires no ATAR result.
Why the Dip IT?
- No ATAR required
- Direct entry into 2nd year at ECU on successful completion of the Dip IT
- Top lecturers, small classes and all the support to help you get into uni
- More affordable than a university
- Achieve two qualifications – a Diploma of Information Technology and your University degree
- PS101 Essentials of Professional Science (20CP)
- PP102 Principles of Programming (20 CP)
- CF101 Computer Fundamentals (20CP)
- SA101 Systems Analysis (20CP)
- ITCOM102 Applied IT Communications (20CP)
- COMSEC101 Computer Security (20CP)
- COS102 Computer Operating Systems (20CP)
- DD102 Database Design (20CP)
Mode of Delivery
Face to face
- Full Time (Standard) – 12 months
- Part Time – 18 months or greater (Australian students only)
Full time (Standard) - 12 hours /week
Plus Private study - 15 hours/week
Part time available (Australian students only)
Plus Private study - 20 hours/week
Full Time (Standard): 3 units per trimester over 3 trimesters (12 months’ duration)
Part Time: 1+ units per trimester (18 months’ duration, domestic student only)
Year 12 or equivalent
ATAR : not required
WACE : Certificate of Completion or equivalent. No specific courses are required to be studied.
You are welcome to apply and may be able to receive Recognition of Prior Learning – speak with us for further information based on your personal circumstances.
Year 12 or equivalent, and IELTS 5.5 (Academic) with no individual band below 5.0, or Successful completion of Academic English III at IIBT
- Direct entry into 2nd year of undergraduate study in IIBT’s Partner University, ECU on successful completion of the course
- Edith Cowan University:
Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Science (Cyber Security), Bachelor of Computer Science
- Software Support Officer
- Project Manager or member of a Cyber Security team
- Computer Support Officer
- Applications Developer
- Systems Analyst
- IT Consultant
- e-Commerce Developer
- Systems Administrator